Ponytails have never been out of style but over time they “suffered” many improvements, getting more and more glamorous by each year that passes. The great thing about them is that they are versatile and susceptible to many interpretations, completing your casual, day-time outfit or even your evening one.
In this matter, the most trending hairstyle this year is the low ponytail with its many ways to style it.
Twisted low ponytail
In Jenny Packham’s spring/summer collections, the models’ hair was parted to the left and then twisted from the right side of the head, all the way to the left side where fastened into a ponytail.
A simple interpretation of the trend but with a stunning effect, giving off a classy and elegant vibe.
If you want to keep it even more simple than that, try putting your hair into a low ponytail, then make a hole in the middle, just above the hair tie. Flip your ponytail toward your head and push it through the gap. Pull it out and tighten, creating that twisted effect.
Ultra low ponytail
“Ponytails reached a new low this season — in a good way.”–Allure
A laid back and relaxed look with a modern-yet-serene feel to it, the ultra-low ponytail lets your hair hang loosely around your face, framing it.
Looped under ponytail as seen on the runway of Carolina Herrera.
“Carolina wanted people to look at the hair and know it was simple to do.” Orlando Pita
1. Apply smoothing balm on your freshly washed hair and blow dry it straight.
2. Create a center part and pull your hair into a low ponytail but only halfway through the elastic.
3. Finish it off by wrapping a strand of hair around the band.
4. Tug the outer edges of the loop, forming a triangular shape and you’re good to go!
Voluminous, low ponytail
“This is a hot and modern twist on the traditional ponytail. The key to making this look cool and modern is not having the hair be perfectly polished. Use a product to give your hair extra thickness and texture.” says G. Papanikolas.
Whenever in a hurry, ponytails are every woman’s go-to hairstyle. Kick it up a notch and try the super slick ponytail for a more refined look. It’s almost just as easy to do as a simple ponytail.
1. After blow drying your hair straight, apply super strong gel from the crown downwards.
2. Pull your hair into a tight ponytail at the back of your head without leaving stray hairs. You can take a section from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the band to hide the elastic, secure it with bobby pins.
3. Use a flat iron to straighten the ponytail but be careful not to make it too stiff.
4. Finish it off by applying a super strong hair spray.