A step-by-step tutorial straight from Beyonce’s hairstylist, Kim Kimble.
“The look was inspired by the video (“Drunk in Love”) and she wanted something edgy to compliment her amazing performance (Grammys). The thing that I love about working with Beyoncé is that she always has such great ideas. Going for wet hair can sometimes be a little risky and a bit challenging, but I was very happy with the results, and we had such a blast working together. The entire evening was magical fun. I think the dress, the makeup, and the way that she made it all come together was magic and the tousled waves were a great, as they seamlessly connected to the entire look.” Kim Kimble
“I used two key items, the Pantene mousse and Kimble paddle brush. I used the mousse to set her hair, so that it would boost a wet and kind of tousled look, and gently used the Kimble paddled brush to evenly distribute the product throughout her hair.”
1. Start with clean, wet hair.
2. Next, work the Pantene Pro-V Curly No Crunch Curls Whip into hair from root to tip to define frizz-free curls. Then brush through with a paddle brush to create soft, piece-y waves, and scrunch hair to help keep its definition.
3. Spritz the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist to add shine.
4. To go from sexy to modern ‘20s chic, dry hair with a diffuser. Point the diffuser toward your crown to keep hair smooth at the root and use underneath at the ends of hair to achieve volume.
5. Continue to scrunch hair until dry for added body. Use a 1/2 inch flat iron and wrap small pieces of hair around it to create additional soft waves, similar to a curling wand, to create a few additional waves.
6. Tame flyaways at the roots of hair by using the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Hairspray. It’s important this style looks messy and flawless, so a small amount of product at the crown is all you need.
7. Finish off the look with the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist for shiny, effortless waves.
February 27, 2014